Global site for FTSE 250
ECommerce multi territory
Bulgin is widely recognised as a leading manufacturer of environmentally sealed connectors and components. With over 95 years of experience in the industry, Bulgin continues to innovate and develop products and services to cater for its global customer base across a variety of markets.
Bulgin’s web presence was local to the UK, whilst their brand and reach was global. Statistics and analysis on traffic and ranking provided great insight into how the business could increase exposure and gain new clients in new countries. A global brand with a global network, but a limited online presence provided great opportunities to improve the current standing.
Bulgin sells the majority of products through their distribution network. Whilst the requirement was not to sell directly through the website, the products were required to be displayed with full specification, 3Dimensional CAD drawings, data sheets and house literally hundreds of thousands of products.
In addition, the Custom Solutions provided by Bulgin had to be showcased outside of a standard product offering page.
Wirebox needed to understand Bulgin’s business, the current scenario of the web presence and how Bulgin would like to be perceived and by who in terms of the users of the website.
From a consultancy perspective we were able to find the key frustrations and document the key objectives.
The User Journey and Personas was a key part of the initial delivery. Who were likely to be visiting the website and for what reason assisted greatly – it varied from a maintenance engineer looking for a single “off the shelf” product to a Project Manager looking for bespoke/ custom solutions for a new engineering project.
With the key objectives in mind, Wirebox moved to phase 1 – wireframing the proposed solution on both a mobile and desktop environment.
The Project Included:
- Phase 0 – scoping and understanding – information gathering, key objectives
- Agreement of goals and understanding what “success” looks like from all angles
- Multi Territory website, targeting traffic in 9 different territories within one CMS
- A combined solution utilising Magento for Product display and WordPress CMS for non product content
- Hosted solution on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The new Bulgin website was launched in December, 2018. The content pages in WordPress allow a Bulgin “admin” user to manage content across the multisite territory – changing content for the Australian site is as simple as amending job roles in the US site.
Products are displayed and is integrating with distributors’ stock holding, so clients looking for large quantity of products are served with the most relevant distributor in terms of availability and location of the user via the “Distributor stock search”.
A secure sign in section for Distributors was also created, allowing additional content and training material through the Distributor portal.
Our Approach Delivered:
- Multi-territory eCommerce platform providing global exposure
- Increase of organic traffic to the website of 25%
- A portal for Bulgin’s distributors to access restricted content, training and marketing materials
- Solution hosted and managed by Wirebox on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Wirebox. Great team and good people.