Odoo 11 Tour
On the 15th of February Wirebox staff went to the Odoo 11 Tour in London. As experienced users of Odoo we care about improvements to the software and are interested in developments which can help us better meet our clients’ needs. The event included an insightful presentation of Odoo 11 as well as an opportunity for networking, with food and drinks provided.
The tour focussed on Odoo 11’s changes and how they are designed to help businesses, as well as the benefits of the Odoo partnership program (Which we are a part of!). Odoo’s developers spent 12 months perfecting this latest version; its features, apps and user experience. You can try out Odoo 11 for yourself with a free trial.
New Apps and Features
User satisfaction was at the top of the list of priorities for this version. Speed and user experience in particular have been improved; the system has a new look and feel, and there has been a 300% improvement in click-through speed.
The homepage, apps and features have been redesigned with usability in mind: a clear, light, rich colour palette with more readable fonts as well as responsiveness to all devices.
The speed of the platform was improved through a reduction in SQL queries by operation, making use of Odoo more efficient and gratifying. The newest version is three times faster than the older one, and even faster depending on how big your database is.
The Kanban layout now has a useful progress bar. You can change the status of your activities (to do, done, overdue) with one click. Kanban use is aided by animated updates of forecasts once a new stage is reached.
A dedicated mobile UI for Odoo Discuss, helping to aid discussion between users. The main buttons have been moved to suit mobile use, and this facilitates readability and interaction between people.
The completely new features of Odoo 11 include:
– Odoo Project, a tool bringing together apps at different stages of workflow, to analyse project and employee profitability
– Odoo accounting for several locations including Spain, Switzerland, Germany and Colombia
– New versions of apps such as Odoo Studio and Odoo Inventory
And new apps:
– Online Appointment, an appointment app which features self-booking, automated reminders and publishing options
– Marketing Automation, managing marketing and lead formation and featuring automated payment follow-ups, database notifications and registration confirmations
– Odoo for iOS, providing iPhone users with their own optimized Odoo version, from which every app is available (Download here)
Hopefully you’re now as excited about Odoo 11 as we are! The event was very informative, laying out the new features that will increase productivity, coordination between users and departments, and usability. Odoo continues to improve and the Odoo 11 Tour demonstrated how much the company cares about the quality of their services and the end goals of Odoo users.
We had an opportunity to network with other Odoo partners, as well as communicate with Odoo users who were looking to update and get to grips with all the new features Odoo 11 offers. We look forward to the next event arranged by Odoo.